Flowserve Corporation CNC Machinist in Woodridge, Illinois
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· 10 years of experience operating CNC equipment. Experience operating Haas TM2 mill highly valued.
· Experience operating manual mills and lathes is a plus.
· Expertise in machining 300-series stainless steel and other materials such as Hastelloy C276, Monel 400, iron nickel and high chrome alloys.
· Experience with control language and a solid understanding of Espirit or similar programming software desired.
· Familiarity with G & M codes; working knowledge of machine tooling and processing
· Skill required in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments.
· Strong blueprint reading skills required
· Personal commitment to quality workmanship, with an ability to assess and explain quality concern to others
· Able to accurately and consistently follow detailed procedures in order.
· Must have an eye for detail, so as to check drawings, part numbers, and materials, and to correctly complete routers and other paperwork.
· Work collaboratively as part of a team, showing a professional attitude and a service-oriented mindset in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, on-time attendance, able to work overtime and weekends as required.
· Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 25 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
· High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to complete math problems quickly and accurately.
Flowserve is looking for an experienced, skilled CNC Machinist to operate a mill to machine stainless steel parts and components used in the assembly of close tolerance mechanical seals. The machinist will verify the quality of finished work with precision measurement tools. We work as a team, and the machinist will collaborate with engineers, CNC programmers, and other machinists to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions. This is first shift job, Monday through Friday.
· Set up jobs and operate CNC mill
· Inspect first articles, and verify the quality of the finished work of machinists by using precision measurement tools and demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and quality workmanship.
· Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and scrap/rework.
· Clean and maintain machines and tools, and keep an organized workspace.
· Actively participate in the maintenance and troubleshooting of the CNC equipment.
· Record accurate, timely data on computer-based systems.
· Know all cell flow concepts and put them into practice.
· Apply an understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and parts through the manufacturing process.
· Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and equipment.
· Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress.
Primary Posting Location:
Woodridge, Illinois US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: