Flowserve Corporation Machinist - 1st Shift in West Chicago, Illinois
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence. Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected statuses.
Flowserve is looking for an experienced Machinist to work on all processes related to disassembly and assembly of high energy pumps and decoking equipment. This is a first shift position, 6:00am to 2:30pm, at our air-conditioned, clean, well-organized Quick Response Center in West Chicago, IL.
Machine new parts and repairs to Flowserve and customer specifications in a timely manner with minimum or no errors while ensuring safe and organized working environment at all times.
Quality: Manufacture quality product with zero defects on a consistent basis.
Productivity: Operate machine shop equipment efficiently. Manufacture or repair product on time as defined by the production schedule.
Continuous Improvement (CIP). Consistently demonstrate behaviors that promote facility enhancement and improvement. Acquire training for all machines as needed.
Run all machinery in the shop. Housekeeping: Maintain clean and well organized work areas at all times. Maintain all tooling and machinery for efficient and safe operation. Perform regular machinery and equipment maintenance in the shop. Document all maintenance performed.
Ensure all personal measuring equipment is calibrated and documented as per the requirements’ of our Quality program. Assist in maintaining internal equipment calibrations and documenting as required in both the shop and Field. Complete a final inspection on all parts, stamp heat codes and part numbers in both the shop and Field.
Adhere to all Safety Procedures & Policy. Complete all Pure Safety and other safety training as required
· 5 to 7 years of experience in manual machining, lathes, mills, vertical turret lathes and horizontal
· Dismantle, clean, inspect, grinding, under filing, cleaning,
sandblasting and assemble pumps and equipment following all safety
requirements and meeting tight deadlines as required.
· Skilled in using precision measuring instruments, such as Micrometers, Verniers, Bore Gauges, Pressure Gauges,
Meters, Dial Indicators, Rulers and Depth Gauges
· Must have a personal set of mechanic tools and roll-around tool box (some tools provided)
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, dependable work ethic with a personal commitment to quality workmanship
· Show an attention to detail, a respect for processes & instructions customer-service, and be results-oriented mindset
at all times
· Standing for long times required, full range of movement required, frequent lifting with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
· Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required on short notice
· Adhere to all Safety Procedures & Policy. Complete all Pure Safety and other safety training as required.
Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace through proper
housekeeping, use tools and equipment safety and complying with
Flowserve applicable Safety, Health, and Environment standards, policy,
· Work to achieve company production goals on time delivery objectives.
· Adhere to and maintain quality work practices, qualifications, and procedures
· Basic computer skills - Word / Excel
Industrial Equipment Installation, commissioning and start up, and plant maintenance exposure would be an asset.
Complete inspection reports to a high quality, highlighting any adverse running conditions that could impact pump reliability
NDT experience a plus
Must be willing to assist welders, machinists and others on the millwright team in the performance of their duties.
Forklift certification desirable
Must be flexible to work in all areas as workload requires.
Ensure the quarterly equipment maintenance program is carried out
Rigging experience is preferred
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Machinist - 1st Shift
Primary Posting Location:
West Chicago, Illinois US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: