Flowserve Corporation CNC Machine Operator (Second Shift 4x10) in Temecula, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The CNC machinist must be able to review machining specifications and efficiently set-up and operate a Mazak Integrex i-200; providing multi-axis, multi-tasking machining that includes milling and turning 300-series stainless steel parts and components used in the assembly of close tolerance mechanical seals. Other materials include Hastalloy C276, Inconel 718, Monel 400, Iron Nickel and High Chrome Alloys. The machinist is also responsible for deburring, cleaning and permanently marking the product. Flowserve has a strong focus on quality workmanship; the machinist will be expected to verify the quality of finished work with precision measurement tools and be required to satisfy quality and productivity metrics. Teamwork is highly valued at Flowserve; the machinist will be required to collaborate with engineers, CNC programmers, and other machinists to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions. Additionally, the machinist will be responsible for material preparation which includes sawing material to specified lengths and drilling holes using a Warner Swassey 2AC. This position works a 4x10 shift, Monday through Thursday; 3:00 pm to 1:30 am
· Set up jobs and operate a Mazak 5-axis , multi-tasking, turning center
· Saw and drill material. Debur, clean, and permanently identify parts.
· Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and scrap / rework
· Verify the quality of finished work using precision measurement tools, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and workmanship
· Identify tooling and fixture requirements in advance of job set up
· Actively participate in the maintenance and troubleshooting of CNC equipment.
· Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and equipment
· Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress
· Exhibit behavior that contributes toward an environment that encourages teambuilding, problem solving, and use of CIP tools.
· Minimum 10 years of experience operating 5 axis multi-tasking turning center
· Minimum 2 years of experience operating Manual mill and lathe
· Mazak control language experience is preferred but candidates who offer Okuma or Fanuc will be considered based on their experience.
· High School diploma or equivalent required. Must demonstrate excellent math skills.
· Basic understanding of AutoCAD or similar CAD software preferred
· Familiarity with G & M codes; Working knowledge of machine tooling & processing
· Strong Blue Print reading skills & understanding of GD&T dimensioning
· Strong problem solving skills
Experience in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments, such as the following: micrometers, dial indicators, depth gauges, CMM, Optical Comparator, Muehler and Bar Gauges.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
CNC Machine Operator (Second Shift 4x10)
Primary Posting Location:
Temecula, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.