Flowserve Corporation CAM Machinist Second Shift 4x10 in Temecula, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· 5+ years of CNC machining experience required, Mazak experience highly preferred
· Ability to read advanced blueprints to understand process sequencing and tolerances of operations.
· Experience in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and depth gauges
· Use advanced knowledge of machining parts from 300/400 series stainless steel, Hastalloy C-276, Inconel 718, Alloy 17-4 and 6061 Aluminum.
· Personal commitment to quality workmanship, with an ability to assess and explain quality concerns
· Must have an eye for detail, to check drawings, part numbers, and materials, and to correctly complete routers and other paperwork
· Flexible, with a calm temperament to prioritize work and re-direct as required on a daily basis, working unsupervised to complete work on time.
· Work collaboratively as part of a team, showing a professional attitude and a customer service mindset in a fast-paced, flexible environment
· Must be able to fully understand and communicate instructions, and clearly report information and explain problems.
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, on-time attendance, able to work overtime and weekends as required
· High School diploma or equivalent required. Must read, write, and speak clearly, and complete basic arithmetic problems accurately. Basic trigonometry knowledge helpful.
· Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 25 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
· Ability to pass standard near vision eye exam and work with corrective lenses if necessary.
The CAM Machinist will will set up and run a Mazak Integrex I-200 to machine 400-series stainless steel parts and components for mechanical seals. The machinist is responsible for quality of work performed, working efficiently, and working to the required specifications and standards with minimal supervision. This position works a 4x10 shift, Monday through Thursday, 3:00pm to 1:30am.
· Set up jobs and operate a Mazak Integrex I-200
· Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, scrap and rework
· Verify the quality of finished work using precision measurement tools, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and workmanship. Work to tolerances up to ± .0001
· Clean and maintain machines and tools, and keep an organized workspace
· Record accurate, timely data on computer-based systems or in manual logs
· Collaborate with quality assurance and manufacturing engineering to troubleshoot issues.
· Uphold a high level of safety by wearing PPE; Adhere to safe work habits, rules and practices, including the correct use of safety devices and equipment; maintain a clean and orderly work place to include preventative machine maintenance.
· Apply an understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and parts through the manufacturing process
· Focus on improvement by participating in continuous improvement team activities
Finding Solutions, Serving Customers, Collaborating with Others, and Operating Effectively
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
CAM Machinist Second Shift 4x10
Primary Posting Location:
Temecula, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: