Flowserve Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Taneytown, Maryland
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Our Taneytown, MD Pump Manufacturing facility is over 150,000 square feet and provides capability for engineering, design, customer service, machining, assembly, and testing for a diverse product portfolio, which serves all markets (power, oil&gas, water resources, general industry, and chemical). The facility has expanded four times since opening in 1971 to accommodate revenue growth and product line developments. The staff of approximately 230 are provided a unique environment, where the entire project lifecycle is experienced all under the same roof.
· Support the development and implementation of the capital plan, tool and fixture design, and office and plant layout.
· Optimize machining process to reach product quality, productivity, and process repeatability.
· Execute LEAN manufacturing techniques and design.
· Optimize work flow and cell designs for shop throughput.
· Participate in daily production huddles, on the production floor to drive daily improvements.
· Use performance metrics and downtime data to identify improvement opportunities.
· Recommend methods for improving efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
· Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods. Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
· Establish work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization and recommendations on staffing levels.
· Work with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
· Lead value stream mapping exercises to identify improvement opportunities.
· Develop and implement project plans to achieve future state.
· Drive safety related improvements.
· Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
· 3- 5 years of industry related experience preferred
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team orientated, and Continuous Improvement environment
· Track record of driving continuous improvements through sustainable processes
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and experience organizing and facilitating formal Kaizen Events.
· Project management experience and record of success.
· Experience with AutoCAD, ProE, Inventor, or similar design software.
· Strong computer skills (MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio etc.)
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Taneytown, Maryland US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.