Flowserve Corporation Material Handler (Swing Shift) in Springville, Utah
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Position Summary (Why this job exists, who are the customers, and what are the expectations):
This job involves all aspects of materials handling, including putting parts to stock locations from receiving or shop work orders, pulling parts for work orders, pick slips, and parts orders, accurately moving and transacting parts from one location to another, doing Cycle Counts. This needs to be done quickly and accurately.
Job Duties: This section describes the principle responsibilities of the position
· Putting parts to stock from receiving, shop work orders, return to stock tickets accurately with regards to quantity, part number, and location.
· Insuring that parts being put to stock are aesthetic correct, no rust, surface damage, part marked and all heat codes are correct and ledge able.
· Helping with Daily Cycle Counts.
· Pulling parts for valve layouts, work orders, spare parts orders, and parts request forms accurately with regards to quantity, part number, and location.
· Transact all work performed in Oracle completing work orders, putting material to stock, issuing material to orders, supporting Production to maintain proper work flow.
· Support other departments with inventory needs and concerns.
· Be an active member of the team maintaining a positive working atmosphere.
· Take an active role in 6S and Safety in the department attending meetings and correcting or reporting issues as they are found.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Moderate lifting is required, up to 50 lbs. Lots of walking and standing is required. Good eyesight and reading is required.
Typical noise levels for the work environment of this job are light to moderate.
Safety eye wear is required, will be provided by Flowserve, or in the case of prescription glasses, vouchers toward purchase will be available.
Steel toe footwear is required, Vouchers toward purchase available.
Qualifications (List all qualifications necessary and/or advantageous)
High school or equivalent, or related experience and/or training.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to present effective information in one-on-one and small group situations to Manager, and other employees of the company.
Ability to count, add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight, volume, distance. And pieces.
Ability to solve practical problems, prioritize workloads, and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exists. Be able to recognize situations where processes and handling techniques could be improved and standardized to help in speed and accuracy, and to be able to express those ideas to help with continuous improvement in the area.
§ Ability to work quickly and accurately
§ Ability to do basic counting and math.
§ Willingness to listen and learn, then express ideas for improvements.
§ Ability to operate a standard forklift.
§ Basic understanding of computers. (Data entry required)
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
§ APICS Certification Training
§ Understanding of basic warehousing / inventory control methods and principles.
§ Knowledge of the Flow of the Materials Throughout manufacturing environments.
§ JIT Inventory experience
§ Microsoft Office Applications experience. (word, excel)
§ Forklift operator certification.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Material Handler (Swing Shift)
Primary Posting Location:
Springville, Utah US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: