Flowserve Corporation Customer Product Repair Mechanic in Ridgefield, Washington
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Customer Product Repair Mechanic is responsible for all processes related to disassembly and assembly of high energy pumps and decoking equipment at Flowserve’s Quick Response Center in Vancouver, Washington.
· Dismantle, clean, inspect, and assemble pumps and equipment following all safety requirements and meeting tight deadlines
· Read and follow accurately all routers, instructions, checklists and engineering drawings during all processes
· Use torches and liquid nitrogen when appropriate for the disassembly process
· Inspect pumps and equipment, checking dimensions of all critical components
· Ensure components are clean and free from foreign material
· Complete accurate, thorough inspection documentation, including photos and written descriptions of the wear and condition of components. Submit documentation for quotation.
· Explain and discuss as needed the condition of all critical components of the pump or equipment
· Coordinate effectively in a small team environment, sharing information and resolving problems with supervisors, sales engineers, machinists, buyers, and planners.
· After assembly, run balance machine to properly balance impellers and shaft
· Self-verify workmanship. Inspect all components for critical fits and run-outs.
· Complete accurate, thorough assembly documentation, including inspection records, photos, and customer-specific forms.
· Paint, tag, and prep the pump for shipment to the customer.
· Exhibit behavior that contributes toward an environment that encourages teambuilding, decision- making, problem solving, and continuous improvements.
· 5+ years of experience in after-market repair and service of mechanical equipment, with specific experience in rotating pumps highly desired
· Must have a personal set of mechanic tools and roll-around tool box
· Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and drawings
· Forklift certification desirable
· Must speak and communicate ideas clearly, read with good comprehension, and write good paragraphs describing equipment
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, dependable work ethic with a personal commitment to quality workmanship
· Show an attention to detail, and a respect for processes and instructions
· Must show a customer-service, results-oriented mindset at all times
· Standing for long times required, frequent lifting with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Must have full range of movement to reach, work with hands and arms in various positions, stoop, and move under and around equipment.
· Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required on short notice
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Customer Product Repair Mechanic
Primary Posting Location:
Ridgefield, Washington US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: