Flowserve Corporation Production Planner-Estimator for Rotating Pump Repair in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· 5+ years of experience in pumps repair and/or manufacturing
· Relevant AA or BS degree highly desired, or more experience in lieu of degree
· Expertise in how materials, parts, and routers flow through the shop environment
· Understands and develops overall shop schedule for workload resources and activities
· Demonstrated capability in creating quotations for pump repair and service
· Knowledge of pump mechanics, and an understanding of how the equipment is utilized in our customers' operations
· Experience working with customers in the oil and gas, power, and chemical industries
· Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures.
· Financial acumen to interpret and discuss financial data, and terms and conditions on orders
· Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, MS Project, and experience working within an ERP system
· Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and paperwork
· Clear and positive verbal and written communication skills to lead meetings, and to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email
· Must have a successful track record of leadership, and calmly resolving conflict way that promotes teamwork and positive relationships
· Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines
· Able to work extended hours and weekends as required.
The Production Planner-Coordinator is a specialist in the repair of Flowserve pumps. The Planner-Coordinator will oversee pump service and repair jobs at our Quick Response Center in Rancho Dominguez, and will monitor the full-cycle of the job from acceptance to delivery. The Planner collaborates with QRC management, operations, engineering, and purchasing to ensure that the quotations, orders, parts, repair, and service plans align to meet customer deadlines.
· Responsible for the cradle-to-grave project management of every job that comes into the Rancho Dominguez QRC
· Assists Operations and Sales Engineers in developing quotations by reviewing initial inspection data, purchase orders, and bills of Material during high workloads.
· Oversees repair for tracking of parts, labor job costs and PO adders if required during repair phase
· Manages the customer experience by acting as the main point of contact for the order for non-technical issues. Provides updates to the customer and sales group as needed.
· Develops and maintains daily, weekly and monthly schedules in collaboration with production supervisor, monitor workload capacity, and optimize shop resources to ensure that customer expectations and deadlines are met
· Reviews customer purchase orders for hold points or quality standards that could affect the overall scheduling process
· Works with Purchasing to ensure that parts and materials are available as needed during the production process
· Ensures that sub-suppliers are compliant to technical specifications
· Mitigates order risks and capitalizes on change order opportunities
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Production Planner-Estimator for Rotating Pump Repair
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: