Flowserve Corporation Buyer in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position is responsible for assigned commodities, suppliers, and components. The Buyer will manage overall performance and drive continuous improvement through the supply base to achieve business objectives. Work to execute the commodity strategy as defined by the Purchasing Supervisor.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Responsible for contributing to Cost Savings Goal for QRC by using competitive bidding, price comparison and other accepted cost savings/negotiating methods.
· Process requests from various departments for approved materials, parts and/or supplies by creating Purchase Orders in a timely manner; can be upwards of 15 purchase orders daily
· Maintain and use Purchasing Credit Card per the policies and procedures
· Completing various tasks, usually clerical in nature, related to the inward movement of goods, supplies and raw materials into an organization.
· Ensure orders from vendors are on time and correct as per issued Purchase Orders by reviewing order acknowledgments
· Expedite orders to again ensure on time delivery
· Work with vendor to resolve quality issues via our SCAR system
· Maintain GRNI (Goods Received Not Invoiced) to acceptable levels; resolve invoice issues with vendor to help reduce amount of invoice delayed in payment to vendors
· Prepare purchasing closeout for shipped job to enable timely invoicing to customers
· Monthly safety requirement completed in a timely manner
· Complete tasks as assigned in allotted time frame
· High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years buying experience in the industrial repair industry
· Understand basic financial principals
· Proficiency with spreadsheet development and data analysis
· Highly Organized, capable of multi-tasking and setting priorities aligned with business needs.
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Familiar with Service Repair Industry
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Pasadena, Texas US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: