Flowserve Corporation Precision Assembler in Gateshead,
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Time Served - Mechanical fitter / Fitter Turner
Significant experience in a Engineered Pump or Rotating Equipment
Mechanical Fitting knowledge
Apprentice trained with recognised provider and industry. Experienced in the use of all precision measuring equipment, i.e. micrometres.
Good communicator Flexible team member Off Shore Trained and /or certified or willing to undertake required training and certification.
Previous work experience for a Major pump manufacturer is desirable as is knowledge of Major pump / Seal OEM products and industry.
· Completion of full mechanical strip downs of pumps, mechanical seals and ancillary equipment
· Responsibility to create and submit detailed strip and inspection reports
· Responsible for completion of detailed build reports.
· Responsibility of carrying out repairs in line with instructions
· Hydro testing, component and rotor balancing
· Responsibility of rebuild process.
· Carrying out work on customer premises where necessary which will include removal, inspection, rebuild, installation, commission of Pumps.
· The Precision Assembler will carry out all general servicing, repair, refurbishment and troubleshooting.
· The precision Assembler works closely with the QRC Engineers, technical support engineers and contract engineers to ensure repairs and upgrades are properly specified and executed
· Lifting and slinging capability would also be advantageous.
· Precision Assembler will have the responsibility of completing individual pump reports both at the inspection and final assembly stages.
· There may also be a requirement for Field Service/Off Shore working. Any candidate must be either Off Shore Trained and /or certified or willing to undertake required training and certification.
· The Precision Assembler will work as part of the Newcastle QRC team
· Responsibility for the Health and Safety and all standard procedure in line with current legislation in work area.
· Involved in Goods receiving and inventory management process as necessary
The candidate will report directly to the Workshop Supervisor and undertake the role of Senior Workshop Technician. The ideal candidate for this role will be qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline and have good fitting and mechanical skills. Ideally they will be familiar with alignment, vibration and ancillary pumping equipment. They will be competent in Pumps. Good oral, written and interpersonal skills are required, as is the ability to use basic IT packages. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a varied, and \"all hands on deck\" environment within the mechanical engineering industry, and build a specialist career.
Primary Posting Location:
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, GB
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: