Flowserve Corporation Reliability Engineer Principal in Etten-Leur, Netherlands
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Demonstrates expertise in performing high-end engineering analysis
· Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of specific product lines
· Demonstrates subject matter expert knowledge of product development
· Represents Flowserve in industrial organizations
· Deep knowledge and know-how in the specialty field and is considered a subject matter expert, both internal Flowserve as well as for customers.
· Cascades knowledge to other engineering resources and prepares and conduct trainings in the specialty field.
· Regularly edits technical papers in the area of the specialty field for publication in magazines and for symposiums.
· Conducts engineering on solution orders to ensure quality by minimizing technical risks in the specialty field, and conducting specialized analyses and reviews.
· Participates in the evaluation of technical feasibility and minimizes technical risks in our solution proposals, in the specialty field.
· Participates in design review panels, as a subject matter expert, and also participates in root-cause analyses of customer projects and in trouble/warranty jobs.
Works with Flowserve Technology team on new developments in specialty field, and participates on an as-needed basis in SSO R&D projects.
· Conducts Reliability/Maintainability/Availability studies
· Conducts LCC analyses for TCO minimization
· Champions tools for analyses by providing training and mentorship
· Acts as a consultant business partner to end users in the field of asset management/maintenance strategy
· Ensures on-time performance of assigned tasks.
· Successfully implements project deliverables.
· Drives product cost reduction.
· Leads time reduction activities.
· Provides responses to internal and external customer feedback.
Ensures training and development plans are complete and aligned with manager.
Skills & Abilities
· Bachelor of Science Engineering degree, advanced degree preferred and 5+ years related experience
· Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) certification, Green Belt minimum
· Mastery level application of advanced engineering processes including Statistical Process Control, Reliability modeling and prediction, Fault Tree Analysis, Weibull Tree Analysis, Six Sigma Methodology, RCA/RCFA
· In the field of specialism, the knowledge and experience must be state-of-the-art in industry, to act as an internal and external subject matter expert.
· Demonstrates competence to edit and develop technical papers, technical reports, technical training and customer presentations, in the field of specialism.
· Demonstrates \"customer focus\" to support all internal/external technical support requests.
· Team player.
Language skills, English and local languages of the region/country.
Product Engineering involves the design and development of devices, assemblies, or systems to be produced through production manufacturing processes. While there are multiple business card titles, Product Engineering roles usually entail activities dealing with issues of production cost, feasibility, quality, performance, reliability, serviceability and customized user features. Addressing these product characteristics may include design, development and transitioning of the product to manufacturing.
The engineering specialist is a subject matter expert and provides support to internal and external customers on proposals, orders, root cause analysis in the area of expertise.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Reliability Engineer Principal
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: