Flowserve Corporation Safety Representative in Coimbatore, India
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and compliance to the Flowserve SHEA programs and related activities at the Coimbatore operations. This position will ensure compliance with all established SHEA programs and maintaining compliance with all applicable laws including the Tamil Nadu Factories Rules, Pollution Control and Flowserve standards.
Responsible for the following programs, activities, and reporting:
· Ensure compliance to statutory regulations including The Tamil Nadu Factories Rules, Pollution Control and all other applicable laws related to SHEA.
· Ensure Job Safety and Environmental Analyses are being conducted as required.
· Monitor completion data to assure our employees are current with all required safety training.
· Evaluate operational practices to determine methods to eliminate or control workplace hazards.
· Prepare SHEA metrics for use at multiple levels of the organization.
· Oversee day-to-day compliance with SHEA programs.
· Lead facility safety committee by selecting members, conducting training, coordinating activities and empowering members to develop and obtain specific safety goals and objectives.
· Daily communication of SHEA related topics.
· Lead the investigation and completed documentation of any safety or process event (root cause analysis). Recommend and implement resolutions.
· Enhance safety and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Mechanical Engineer with 8 – 10 years of experience in leading the Safety programs in a manufacturing facility, preferably in the engineering MNC. Additional qualification in Safety, EHS will be valuable. Sound knowledge and experience in statutory compliances to Safety, Health and Environmental that include compliance to the Tamil Nadu Factories rules, Pollution control norms are essential. Should have demonstrated excellent communication, influencing & collaboration skills. Should display sense of urgency to uphold SHEA compliances and possess high degree of analytical skills. Should pay attention to details and have high degree of computer proficiency.
Proficiency to Tamil & English languages are essential.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.