Flowserve Corporation Process Engineer in Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
· Ownership of a manufacturing procedures and process
· Driving OEE improvement through baseline equipment analysis and improvement projects working with supervisory team, production support, engineering and purchasing.
· Monitoring tool/process capability
· Monitoring CpK and ownership of process control improvement plans
· Lean manufacturing: identifying opportunities to eliminate waste within own toolset/process- operator time and process simplification
· Reporting of scrap/rework and ownership of scrap/rework reduction plans
· Take ownership for machine routings ensuring accuracy is maintained
· Will be the key liaison between engineering and the shop floor ensuring engineering Design within site capability
· Ensure BOM’s are updated with the relevant information
· Make minor drawing changes to reflect Design to Manufacture is up held
· Provide feedback to supply chain of in house manufacturing costs and the ability to produce parts in house
· Support Production engineering with programming and supportive data
· Supporting all activity for technology transfer within area of expertise.
· Provide Lean training and take part in Kiazen events
· Feedback CIP results through to corporate report systems
Take a lead role in the introduction of new parts and projects within the manufacturing environment
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Degree/HND in Engineering discipline is preferred.
· Six Sigma Green Belt as a minimum with a knowledge of CIP and Process Engineering
· SAP knowledge
· AutoCAD experience (Inventor)
· Strong training skills and technical familiarity with product and processes.
· Experience within ball valve manufacture.
· Flexible working approach.
· Ability to work effectively in teams.
· Ability to empower and listen to others.
· Familiar with all modern manufacturing concepts such as; JIT, Kaizen, Zero Defects, SPC, TQM and TPM, Design for Manufacture, DoE
· Experienced in driving continuous improvement activities and projects for assigned measurables.
Highly motivated, results driven, customer service orientated, strong leadership and communication skills
This position is a key member of the Production support team, who will be involved with monitoring improving and sustaining processes and procedures. The successful candidate should have experience with the manufacture of Ball valves and control mechanisms, they will be able to demonstrate process improvements and will ideally be six sigma trained.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Burgess Hill, GB
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: