Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Benicia, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Quick Response Center (QRC) Application Engineer (AE) sees it all—design, proposals, manufacturing, installation and operation of our engineered and industrial products – mechanical seals, and mechanical seal support systems. The QRC AE provides technical support to our customers and is a compliment to our outside sales force. The QRC AE also reviews engineering packets to insure the proper technology and materials are being recommended based on standardization plans. In this challenging position, the QRC AE is actively engaged in training, solutions, inside sales support functions, and occasional rotating equipment field surveys.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Develop quotations for equipment repairs that will include technical information, pricing, and documentation
• Interact with vendors to solicit quotations for required equipment
• Review quotations and orders for possible technical upgrades
• Review and interpret customer specifications
• Effectively process orders and manage any issues that arise
• Respond to customer’s technical and logistical questions promptly and proficiently
• Attend customer pre-award meetings and technical discussions as required
• Collaborate with Sales Engineering by discussing upgrades, communicating status of jobs, and participating in Sales calls as needed
• Perform engineering analyses and project management work on assigned jobs
· BS Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
· All levels of experience will be considered, including new grads and mid-career.
· Knowledge of the design, materials, and operational requirements of mechanical seals and rotating equipment.
· Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive corporate image
· Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work with constructively with customers and co-workers.
· Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Computer literate and savvy.
· Local travel using personal vehicle, and some overnight travel required.
· Some physical activity required (e.g., walking large customer sites, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities).
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Benicia, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: