Flowserve Corporation Machinist - Manual Lathe / Mill in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
As a member of a Flowserve Quick Repair Center in Baton Rouge, LA you will machine metal parts and components to repair seals used in industrial settings, such as refineries and factories. Analyze specifications, set up machines, operate, and maintain machines. Verify quality of finished work with precision measurement tools. Collaborate with engineers and machinists to evaluate needs, troubleshoot problems, and recommend solutions.
This position requires manual lathe and manual milling experience.
Day Shift Monday - Friday 6:00AM-2:30PM
· Machine low tolerance parts utilizing all standard machines including manual lathe, manual milling machine.
· Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and scrap and rework.
· Verify the quality of finished work, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and workmanship
· Maintain a safe workplace by wearing PPE, following procedures and rules, and completing training
· Clean and maintain machines and tools, and keep an organized workspace
· Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and equipment
· Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress
· Focus on improvement by participating in continuous improvement team activities
· Record accurate, timely data on computer-based systems or in manual logs
· Apply in-depth understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and parts through the repair or manufacturing process
· Apply good understanding of tooling design concepts and their uses
· Apply knowledge of equipment applications in the manufacturing process
· High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
· 2-5 years machining experience in a manufacturing or repair environment operating manual engine lathes, milling machines, and CNC lathes, mills.
· Experience in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and depth gauges
· Produce Parts from Engineering Drawings or Prints.
· ESPRIT CAD/CAM experience a plus.
· Forklift certification a plus.
· Must communicate clearly, understand instructions, and read instructions in English
· Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
· Able to work overtime and weekends as required on short notice
· Able to travel to other local Flowserve sites or customer locations, as required
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, dependable work ethic with a personal commitment to quality workmanship
· Must show a customer-service mindset at all times
Previous manual lathe / milling experience
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Machinist - Manual Lathe / Mill
Primary Posting Location:
Baton Rouge, Louisiana US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.