Flowserve Corporation Supplier Development Specialist in Suzhou, China
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Supplier Development Specialist will have primary responsibility of evaluating, developing and managing the operational aspects of suppliers.
The Supplier Development Specialist will assist assigned suppliers in achieving contracted performance levels, deliver on new product launches and develop capacity and capability to meet incremental business growth. This position will focus suppliers’ efforts to meet and exceed Flowserve performance objectives; drive compliance to regulatory, customer, and industry quality requirements; utilize continuous improvement tools and techniques along with manufacturing process control tools and methods to achieve Flowserve KPIs.
Act as project manager (develop, manage and implement) for cross functional teams to build stakeholder alignment (Engineering, SCM, etc.) to meet objectives.
Manage supply base by establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all of procurement to ensure total cost of ownership. Mitigate price increases and find alternate supply base.
Functions as an individual contributor with no supervisory responsibilities.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Evaluate, establish and develop reliable suppliers with respects to quality, service, price and capabilities
· Execute supplier development projects in support of Site and Platform programs
· Regularly evaluate suppliers and define improvement plans to exceed KPI
· Manage supplier efforts to achieve On-Time Delivery and Quality performance goals
· Execute programs for new suppliers evaluation/qualification and supplier scorecards
· Maintain healthy, constructive supplier relationships
· Participating inter and intra-region conference call per request
· Coordinate and communicate across the Flowserve Supply Chain organization to ensure consistent and appropriate mutual support
· Auditing and developing suppliers to achieve strategy plan and operating plan
· Cooperate with Commodity Management to define sourcing roadmap to expand business
Experience & Education
· College or Bachelor degree, prefer an Engineering or Metallurgical Discipline
· Minimum of 10 years technology working experience in casting workshop, showing progressive responsibilities, with a preference to additional experience in machining and welding operations.
· High level of analytical ability to assess and resolve complex, technical issues with creative problem solving techniques
· Project management experience
· Prefer working experience with suppliers, leadership experience in Supply Base management, supplier development and supplier quality roles.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently
· Good command of verbal and written English;
· Well-versed with Solid Works, AutoCAD or similar engineering software;
· Excellent teamwork skills.
Prefer working experience with suppliers, leadership experience in Supply base management, supplier development and supplier quality roles.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Supplier Development Specialist
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: